Graphic Design & Communications Fellowship
Los Angeles, CA
The Campaign for College Opportunity (the Campaign) is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) broad-based, bipartisan coalition, including business, education and civil rights leaders, that is dedicated to ensuring the next generation of Californians has the opportunity to go to college and succeed. Our mission is focused on substantially increasing the number of Californians who attend and graduate from college. The Campaign maintains offices in Los Angeles, Sacramento, and Washington, D.C.
The Campaign for College Opportunity is looking for a Graphic Design Intern to join our Communications team. The intern will help conceptualize, design, and edit communications materials, including event collateral, social media graphics, and infographics. Their work will be featured on our organization website, social media platforms, and in policy and educational materials. This internship is ideal for a motivated individual looking for an opportunity to add to their design and communications portfolio.
Job duties include:
- Conceptualize, design, edit, and assist in creating graphics for both print and digital platforms
- Design social media graphics, event collateral, flyers, infographics, brochures, and campaign materials
- Develop charts and graphs to include in infographics and slide decks
- Make design recommendations for updates to communications materials
- Organize photo database for easy access
- Assist with website updates and webpage development
- Assist with graphic design and editorial style guide updates
- Additional support for the communications and Los Angeles team
Successful candidates will:
- Be proficient in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- Demonstrate excellent attention to detail
- Have an excellent eye for design typography, color, visual composition and layout
- Take direction well, work within deadlines, and switch priorities as necessary
- Understand file formats and their use, including preparing files for print and web
- Be currently enrolled or recently graduated from college with a degree in a Graphic Design, Communications, Advertising, and Marketing or related field.
Experience with WordPress is a plus
The internship will begin September 2018 and end mid-late December 2018. The intern will receive a stipend of $18 per hour. This position is part-time, temporary, and requires a commitment between 15 to 20 hours a week.
The intern will work in our Los Angeles office and will report to our Senior Communications Associate.
Interested candidates should submit a short cover letter, resume, and portfolio (link or attachment) with “Graphic Design Fellow” in the subject line to Shae Collins at Shae@collegecampaign.org
The Campaign for College Opportunity is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified persons of every background. All applicants should visit our website to learn more about the Campaign at www.collegecampaign.org before submitting a cover letter and resume. Please, no phone calls.