Los Angeles, CA
The Campaign for College Opportunity is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) broad-based, bipartisan coalition, including business, education and civil rights leaders, that is dedicated to ensuring the next generation of Californians has the opportunity to go to college and succeed. Our mission is focused on substantially increasing the number of Californians who attend and graduate from college. The Campaign maintains offices in Los Angeles, Sacramento, and Washington, D.C.
The Campaign for College Opportunity is seeking a Graphic Designer to conceptualize, design, and edit our publications, infographics, event collateral, and other communications materials. Their work will be featured on our organization website, social media platforms, and in educational materials. They will be designing for various audiences including policymakers, college leaders, students, and community and business partners. This position is ideal for a highly motivated, meticulous individual who is confident and comfortable with working on a range of projects including 50-page publications, data and chart-heavy infographics, logos, t-shirts, social media graphics, banners, and event collateral. Job duties include:
• Design compelling, concise and clear data-focused reports and infographics
• Create social media graphics, event collateral, flyers, infographics, brochures, and campaign materials that move viewers to action
• Take a leadership role in branding campaigns
• Take a leadership role in the creation of a standard template for all printed and web materials
• Create engaging slide decks for keynote addresses, presentations, and meetings
• Develop charts and graphs to include in infographics and PowerPoint presentations
• Edit video content for social media, blog posts, and presentations
• Make design recommendations for updates to communications materials
• Assist with website updates and webpage development
• Assist with style guide updates
• Provide additional support for our team as needed
Successful candidates will:
• Have a bachelor’s degree in graphic design, communications, visual arts, or related field
• Have at least one full year of graphic design experience in a professional setting
• Have a demonstrated mastery of Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop (Adobe Premiere Pro is a plus)
• Have familiarity with simple video editing – proficiency not required
• Be proficient in translating data into compelling charts, tables, and infographics
• Be proficient in the Microsoft Suite (particularly PowerPoint)
• Have familiarity with WordPress
• Be detail-oriented
• Have an excellent eye for design typography, color, visual composition and layout
• Be comfortable working with tight deadlines
• Have experience designing infographics
The salary for this position is $43,000 annually. The Campaign pays 100% medical, dental, and vision insurance premium coverage for you and your dependents, and provides a generous match of up to 5% for your retirement contributions. The Campaign provides three weeks paid vacation and annual professional development opportunities as approved by your supervisor.
Interested parties should submit a cover letter, resume, and three examples of your design work that could include:
3. Fully designed publication
5. Social media graphic(s)
Email your cover letter, resume, and sample design work to Stacey Holderbach, Development and Administrative Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Graphic Design Candidate” in the subject line.
The Campaign for College Opportunity is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified persons of every background. All applicants should visit our website to learn more about the Campaign at www.collegecampaign.org before submitting a cover letter and resume. All candidates should review our research and publications to understand the work expected for this position.
No phone calls please.