The Campaign for College Opportunity is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) broad-based, bipartisan coalition, including business, education and civil rights leaders, that is dedicated to ensuring the next generation of Californians has the opportunity to go to college and succeed. Our mission is focused on substantially increasing the number of students attending two- and four-year colleges in the state and who complete their college education. The Campaign maintains offices in Los Angeles, Sacramento, and Washington, D.C.
The Policy Fellow for the Campaign for College Opportunity will be based in Sacramento and will offer administrative and legislative support to the policy team, including the Executive Vice President, Senior Director, Policy & Advocacy, State & Federal Policy Director, and the Policy and Program Associate.
The ideal candidate should:
- Be pursuing a bachelor’s degree at a California college or university or have recently graduated from a four-year college or university in any of the following or related fields: Political Science, History, Pre-Law, Education, Public Policy, Social Sciences, Communications;
- Have some knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Be smart, flexible, a proactive problem solver;
- And be committed to the Campaign’s mission.
- Provide logistical and administrative support necessary to carry out policy outreach activities like capitol briefings and advocacy days;
- Provide administrative support to policy team including, but not limited to: tracking policy team outreach and activities, completing monthly expense reports, and cataloging contact and outreach information onto the Campaign’s database;
- Provide logistical and administrative support to carry out policy outreach activities like capitol briefings and advocacy days;
- Assist in advancing the Campaign’s legislative agenda and policy priorities by drafting letters of support and researching, tracking, and monitoring legislation of interest to the Campaign;
- Monitor and/or attend legislative hearings and meetings of public higher education governing boards and provide written summaries to Policy team as needed;
- Shadow the policy team in various meetings, including with legislators, legislative staff, and state departments;
- Support the Campaign’s social media presence by helping provide social media content, including Twitter, Facebook and blog content;
- Help outreach to and organize student leaders as needed to participate in policy outreach activities.
The fellowship will begin November 2018 and end June 30, 2019. The fellow will receive a stipend of $15-$17 per hour. This position is part-time, temporary, and requires a commitment between 20 to 25 hours a week.
The fellow will work in our Sacramento office and will report to our Policy and Program Associate.
Interested candidates should submit a short cover letter and resume with “Policy Fellow” in the subject line to Katrina Linden at Katrina@collegecampaign.org. No phone calls, please.
The Campaign for College Opportunity is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified persons of every background. All applicants should visit our website to learn more about the Campaign at www.collegecampaign.org before submitting a cover letter and resume.