We Could Not Have Done It Without You
By Stacey Holderbach, Development & Administrative Manager at the Campaign for College Opportunity
In this season of thanks, we would like to share our deep gratitude to the foundations, corporations, organizations, and individuals who make our work possible. Their commitment and investment in the Campaign for College Opportunity allows us to ensure that the promise of a college education is available to this generation and future generations of California students.
Our supporters have many worthy causes to which they can invest, but year after year, they affirm their commitment to college access, completion, affordability and racial equity by investing in us.
Thanks to our funders’ investments, this year we were able to:
- Share compelling student stories through our reports and presentations
- Issue our first-ever California Higher Education Report Card, which measures California’s progress toward producing enough college graduates to meet our state’s economic needs by 2025
- Publish The Transfer Maze: The High Cost to Students and the State, which highlights the critical role transfer plays in producing college graduates and providing economic opportunity, as well as the barriers students who wish to transfer still face in completing their education goals
- Establish a coalition of leaders from higher education, philanthropy, and community organizations, and state and local policymakers to develop a proactive effort to protect California’s DACA and undocumented students
- Advocate for funding and policies that accelerate students toward college completion by improving placement, transfer, and affordability.
- Honor the exemplary leadership of the people and institutions crucial to ensuring student success, and highlighting these institutions as examples for best practices to inspire other colleges and universities
Together with our funding partners, we are building a future where all students, regardless of race, ethnicity, legal status, or zip code can fulfill their college dreams.
Thank you for supporting The Campaign for College Opportunity!
The Angell Foundation
Atkinson, Andelson, Loya, Ruud & Romo
Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
California Education Policy Fund
The California Business Roundtable
California Community Foundation
The California Wellness Foundation
College Futures Foundation
Evelyn and Walter Haas Jr. Fund
Gilbert and Jacki Cisneros Foundation
Hispanas Organized for Political Equity (HOPE)
Inland Empire Economic Partnership
The James Irvine Foundation
The Kresge Foundation
Marin Community Foundation
Rosalinde and Arthur Gilbert Foundation
Ruiz Food Products, Inc.
Sand Hill Foundation
Southern California Edison
United Way of Greater Los Angeles
Working Poor Families Project
Would you like to help more California students reach their college dreams? Donate now and help us advocate for their future.
Photo credit: Milly